Fentanyl poisoning has taken the life of a 7-month-old baby in Pennsylvania, according to police.
Officers found Zhuri Bogle unresponsive on January 14 after getting called to a home in Pen Hills, according to an Allegheny County police press release per People. Bogle's father was attempting to perform CPR when paramedics arrived at the scene. The infant was pronounced dead shortly after.
According to investigators, the baby was under the care of her grandmother and grandmother's friend from the night before her death.
"Zhuri was already put to bed when her parents arrived home on the evening of January 13th," authorities said.
Autopsy results from the Allegheny County Medical Examiner released this month concluded that the infant died of "acute fentanyl toxicity."
Allegheny County police said the department is working with the district attorney's office to pursue charges. Suspects in the case remain unclear.
A GoFundMe campaign has been created to help financially support the infant's parents.
"This was a wholly unexpected and devastating occurrence that forever changed the lives of Zhuri's parents and other loved ones," the GoFundMe page reads. "To bury a loved one is not an easy task; it is a strain mentally, emotionally, and financially," the fundraiser continued.